Sunday 6 January 2013

That's The Summer Holiday...

So it's Sunday night and tomorrow I go back to work. I've had a great break with fabulous weather - managing to get the hot days in Central over Christmas before returning to Christchurch and more fabulous sunshine.  In fact, only 2 days of cloudiness all up really.  Can't complain about that.

I finished the holiday on a healthier note... having lots of veges and salads.  I know my blog had a few food photos in it last year, I will try not to bog you all down with food shots this year, but here are two of the meals I've had this weekend in may attempt to be healthier.

Corn, Courgette, Capsicum & Feta Fritters

Spinach, Courgette & Capsicum Salad with Walnuts & Parmesan

I mentioned a few goals for the year.  One is to change my habits and get over my sweet tooth (Donovan's lime & chilli dark chocolate is not exactly helping...!).  I started cutting down on sugar in my tea last year and had slowly attempted a change of habits with a couple of kilos going.  So this year I intend to keep that weight off and lose a few more kilos as well, and get a little fitter, with the help of my brother's motivation (he's a PT), my yoga teacher and a bit of walking.


I'll leave my other goals for the year, for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment