Saturday 12 January 2013

Summer Reading

I love reading.  I've always got a book on the go.  My membership at the Christchurch City Library is well used, and I get my rates' worth, that's for sure.  It's nothing for me to have 5 or 6 books out in a month and summer time is the perfect time for wading through all those books, sitting in the sun, or the shade.

Today it was just too hot, so I went wandering and picked up a couple of things to read while mooching in an air conditioned bookshop!

So I have a few books on my list to read - this is the current pile on my table.  I have read "The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul" already, and enjoyed that one.  Currently on to Dawn French's "Oh Dear Sylvia".

I'm looking for a good app or website for books.  I use yasiv.com for suggestions (based on Amazon purchases) and someone has told me about Goodreads.com  ...  does any one have good suggestions?  The Library has a website for putting books on shelves, if it worked with my phone I'd probably use that.

In the meantime, it's cooled down a little so I might sit by the open door and read on...


No comments:

Post a Comment