Friday 18 January 2013

Friday Yoga

It's been a good week on the healthy living front.  I have stuck to my menu plan (birthday dinner aside) and taken lunch and snacks to work every day.  The bonus to this is that I've had more money left in my wallet.

I had dinner out for my friend's birthday and while I probably over indulged with my dessert (the divine Limenian Sigh at Cortado .... see Food Wine & Other Things) I hopefully offset it by only having an entree and having completed a work out four mornings this week.  I've also ensured I've had at least a 20 minute walk every day.  But by far the best part of my healthy week was yoga class tonight.

I've been doing yoga for over 10 years.  I have a fabulous teacher and I always leave the class energised and feeling great.  We had a break over Christmas and were due to go back this Tuesday, but the class was cancelled due to too many of the class still being away, so we were offered the chance to go to tonight's class.  Now, yoga on a Friday night (straight after work) might not be everyone's idea of fun, but all I had planned was to come home, hit the couch and watch Graham Norton (possibly with a wine in hand!).  So off I went to yoga - and I was still home in time to hit the couch for Graham (sans vin).  It was actually a great way to wind down from the week at work.


I feel virtuous for my efforts, and very relaxed and stretched out!  Yoga has many benefits, one of them helping your body as you age... while the rest of my family "shrink" as they get older, I've stayed the same height!  I'm not eye level yet, but it'll happen! Stretching IS good for you.

Oh, and the picture... Well my beloved Tatie loves yoga too - she's usually stretching out on her back in this pose beside me when I'm on the yoga mat.

2 comments: