Monday 11 March 2013

#52Lists - List 9

An OLD list.

I just discovered a List I drew up 14 years ago, in 1999.  I was backpacking around Europe, had been living in Dublin and was on my last few weeks before flying home to New Zealand.

The list says:

I want to:

  • do a varsity paper on something interesting
  • do a photography course
  • get a better car
  • buy a house, or an apartment that I can decorate
  • read some excellent books
  • get back into piano
  • be in a musical
  • go to a ball!


I think that last one was because I was leaving Dell Computers just before the Christmas Ball which was due to be a pretty flash affair, black tie event in one of the posh hotels in Dublin.  I missed out on a Christmas Bonus of around 700 Irish pounds too.

But that list... well, I can say 14 years later...

I have:

  • completed not just a varsity paper but a postgraduate degree... in HR.  I guess that's up to you whether you think that's interesting!
  • completed a photography course
  • bought a brand new car
  • bought a house ... that I kind of didn't get around to decorating - I did paint the bedroom!  I'm currently decorating a different house, slowly, thanks to EQC.
  • read some pretty excellent books ... don't ask me to name 14 years worth of reading
  • not quite got back into piano - but I do now have one in the house
  • haven't been in a musical... but I did form a very short-lived band for a one-off appearance at a work do!
  • haven't gone to a ball.

So now, in 2013 I want to... well, I'm still working on that one, so it will show up in another blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment