Saturday 9 February 2013

Lazy Days of Summer

Blissful sleep
Both Tatie and I are in recovery mode.  She was getting the gumflaps growing over her teeth removed and lost a tooth in the process when they realised there was a hole right through the base of it.  She was a bit unsteady on her feet still when I got her home yesterday and a little weirded out from the drugs - didn't really settle and wouldn't climb up on a chair or my lap - felt more secure lying on the floor.  Today she's back in her chair, so that's a sign she's feeling better, and she has been quite good at taking her medication (thankfully in a squirt syringe so easy to administer).
Tatie's drugs

As for me, well I have too much iron so every now and then I get blood taken off me, however as I have other issues (a congenital heart and lung condition), I lose my puff for a few days afterwards.  So today was very much about sitting around, snoozing and doing not much.  I'd finished my pile of books from the library* so I did venture back and picked up some more reads and a couple of mags to leaf through.

I'm looking forward to the Paulo Coehlo book - Brida.  I've read a few of his books and I follow his website too.  If you're looking for some thing a little deeper, or a little inspiration, check him out.  Paulo's blog
Four books for the month
However,  I think I'll start with something funny and Pauline McLynn (known to many as "Mrs Doyle" from Fr. Ted) writes a good tale usually so that's first on the list.

What are you reading... and what do you do when you just want to blob and take it easy?









*I do believe we have the best libraries in New Zealand.  Fabulous service, and friendly staff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment