Friday 16 November 2012

Good intentions... DIY

Well, I had great intentions today and I at least STARTED my DIY project.  I've got an old cane chair I want to do up and paint.  So, sunny day and all that...

Original chair
However...!
I didn't get very far for two reasons:  Firstly I've never really spray painted anything and I either had the wrong technique, or a faulty can (poor workman and their tools...).  The paint was dribbling all down the can and all over me and very little onto the chair.

Secondly, the wind came up.  Ever tried to spray paint anything in wind?  What little "spray" was happening was blowing around too much.

So I've given up at this stage:

Dibbles all over the white ground cloth I put down.  


When it's calmer I'll try again, my brother has given me some hints on the can - even how to fix the nozzle if it is broken!  Unfortunately the weather forecast isn't looking too hot, so I don't know whether I'll get it done this weekend.  But I WILL post the finished product as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment