Sunday 21 October 2012

Who said there's nothing to do in Chch?

There've been no photos for a bit, not because I've had nothing to take photos of... just I've been busy.  This week in particular I've been to see Billy Bragg, gone to the Acoustic Church Tour - two nights of music, both very different, both superb... and last night I went to dinner at the Spanish Tapas bar in Sumner, Almeida's and then went in to look at the LUXCITY display that kicks off the 10 day Festival of Transitional Architecture.

So, once again a catch up blog... starting with my favourite photo (apart from my chins!) with a legend.

The Bard and Me
An educational, entertaining night of music.  Something powerful about just one man and a guitar, there's no room for pretension.

Next up ... The Acoustic Tour.  Never been in St Michael's church before - it is beautiful, but boy those seats are hard!  Beautiful music from three beautiful women, Anika Moa, Boh Runga and Hollie Smith... and a spine tingling finale of "Bathe In The River" that won't be forgotten in a hurry.  Sorry, I have used the word beautiful too many times.  Stunning would also be appropriate!


Right that's it for this post... the next one is going to have more photos so I'll start fresh for LUXCITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment